Tuesday, February 21, 2012

B&A

My mom came to visit this weekend, and we had a great time working on a few projects in my apartment.

Before:
After:
We got a few of my pictures hung up. It may look like I have an obsession with the Eiffel Tower, but I don't. I did visit Paris in college and purchased two small pictures, and then people started giving me pictures and lamps and whatever else people thought I needed. But there are a few other locations up on the wall, so it's not strictly Paris, and I think it looks pretty good.

Before:
The kitchen as a nice little place to cook some food.

After:
A little paint, and a surprisingly necessary, but previously lacking shelf on top of the cabinets.

I also took off a few of the cabinet doors- this will drive my mother crazy from now on, but I like the look of open shelving, and it solves the problem of cheap looking cabinets.

Pretty good for a long weekend. Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It all looks GREAT!! How fun to have your mom come out.

Julie said...

Looks fantastic!