Monday, May 6, 2013

Some News

 
Things have been pretty quiet around these parts, not much happening to report on really, until now.......

 
 
 
Drum roll please.
 
 
 
I am picking up and moving back to the SLC. It's shocking I know; I've been away for nearly six years at this point, and it's time to head back. There are a myriad of reasons I've made this decision, and no, I have not yet found a job in Utah, so feel free to talk me up to anyone and everyone you know. But rather than go into all that, I'm going to give you a list of things that I will miss about the East Coast and a list of things that I am looking forward to in Utah.
 
 
 
Going to miss:
 
  • being so close to important happenings, current and historical 
  • the ocean is roughly 2 hours away
  • 2 inches of snow means a snow day
  • international grocery stores
  • international people
  • subways
  • green
  • crossing state lines within an hour
  • cherry blossoms and dogwoods
  • good food
  • NHL, NFL, MLB
  • rivers
  • fall colors
  • Korean day spas
  • lots of good friends
 
Looking Forward to:
 
  • squeezing my nieces and nephew at will
  • terrorizing my father with food containing garlic and onions
  • water skiing
  • Morgan movie nights at the JC
  • real snow
  • real mountains
  • parking at my house
  • lower insurance rates
  • not nearly as many mosquitos
  • game nights
  • living in my house
  • stars
  • fashion advice for mom
  • having a cool roommate (that's you Randall)
  • finding a dirt road, then following it till you find a good campsite
  • going to the cabin more than twice a year
  • a nice big yard for Boris
  • good Mexican food
  • temple trips that won't take an entire day
  • Utah "traffic" that's right, it's just like Pennsylvania "mountains"
  • lots of good friends and family
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY AM I NOT ONE OF THE THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO MISS?!?!

~Matt

Dane and Natalie said...

So happy for you, Amanda! Randi is excited and I love your lists...having lived out of Utah I totally get it!

Marci Jensen Stoffer said...

Too bad you didn't move last week. I just got back from SLC. Good luck!

Allie said...

Counting down the days til you're back! So excited!!

Portable Concrete Plant said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

- Portable Concrete Batch Plant | Bitumen Sprayers | Bitumen Pressure Distributors

Unknown said...

I love this post ~ Olivia
Pls check me out !!

fifa16.vipmmobank said...

Pretty.

----------------------------------------


http://fifa16.vipmmobank.com

fifa16.vipmmobank