Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Poconos

I spent the weekend in the Poconos- sounds a little snobbish doesn't it? Actually though, it's a really fun area that has cute little houses around lakes and old inns that serve really good french fries, not very snobbish at all.
Of course we did a little skiing. We drove up to the resort, and I was a little confused, because there wasn't a hill in sight. I know I'm on the east coast, but really there's got to be some sort of a hill. Turns out, the parking lot and lodges and everything for the resort are at the top of the hill. It was really strange to be getting off the lift and see a car driving by.

This is Rosie- her flask only holds water, so they say. I don't think she has too much opportunity to save anyone from avalanches, but she makes a great ambassador for the resort.

This is Rebecca- I spent the morning skiing with her and giving her a lesson, and then she gave me a haircut- I love fun trades like that!



Lunch in the lodge. There were 20 people that came up for the weekend and 13 that came skiing and snowboarding. Ahhh, such good times.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: