Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Before

I finally remembered to take a before picture!

I got this chair at the wonderfully exciting thrift store Unique. I was looking for a new coffee table, (that project's not quite finished yet) but I came across this fun little chair. My house already has an abundance of chairs, so I wasn't really sure if I should get it, but I just couldn't help myself.

But guess what! I have an office that could use a chair!

I tried sanding with my own little hands first, and quickly realized that was futile against the decades hardened varnish. Luckily Erin had already given up on another project and gone out to buy an electric sander, and she let me use it.


And this is the result.
I'm pretty happy with it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Susan Byers said...

I am WAY impressed!

Anonymous said...

I love the finished project! Nice before and after pictures to submit to your favorite websites :) You are extremely talented and totally awesome!
Love, Mom

Mark Wins said...

amazing...